Monday, November 4, 2013


Barely Surviving by Courtney Cross

Genre: Erotic Romance

 Goodreads Book Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18369781-barely-surviving


Buy Links:





Synopsis:

“He was captivating, scorching hot and wickedly tempting. The epitome of power and strength encased in the body of an angel and he had possessed me. Need for him coursed through my veins white hot and I had been incomprehensively burned”

Our connection had been instant, intense and all consuming, seriously unexplainable to most, but crystal clear to us.

 Jonah Jacobson was the summation of all my fears, nightmares and smouldering deep desire. After living a life that knew only pain, violence and fear inflicted by successful, power driven men, everything he signified should have repelled me but it didn’t.

The driving force of our bodies needing to merge was immediate from the day he walked into my life. I was beyond wealthy, heiress to millions, but inside I was a numb, empty shell that he saw. He saw what lay within, the poison that runs through my veins. He saw the real me. And still he wanted me anyway.

But I also had secrets. Secrets I believed, if they were to be released, would shatter both our lives and destroy the tangible pulse of vibrant male sexuality the other half of my soul required to live.

Jonah had his own torment to bear, his own tragedies and heartbreak to carry. Both tired of barely surviving, my biggest fear was if our secrets were to be unleashed and truths were told, the lifeline he gave me would break and so would my heart, Forever.
 
‘Barely Surviving’ is the first novel in a two part series that follows the lives of a career driven, sexually virile alpha male and a strong willed, sensual female. Their connection is instantaneous, sexually charged and highly electric. Both characters are products of tragic childhoods who struggle to shake the shackles of their past and begin to live in the present. In each other they discover the other half of their soul, the one person alive who calls to their bodies and minds like no other. Driven to stop ‘barely surviving’ and begin living, they attempt to put their pasts where they belong and merge into the world of the living with each other.

Excerpt
“What the hell is your problem?” With my arms crossed over my chest in a stock still pose my voice was almost a shout.

“My problem, are you shitting me?” Jonah’s voice was the opposite of mine, low steady and intimidating. He stood slightly in front of the door, his suit jacket opened, hands shoved in his pants pockets and his stare fixated on its target………me. “Don’t for one second make out like this is all my doing Ava, you know you were in the wrong too.”
“For what? Having a life? You have no idea how hard just getting to this point today as been for me and now you’ve destroyed it you asshole.”

“I have no idea about anything where you’re concerned. You keep shutting me the fuck out. You have to let me in if you expect me to understand.”
“The hell I do,” my chin lifted, defiance blaring in my eyes, “I don’t owe you jack shit and I certainly don’t have to do anything just because YOU say so.” He was pushing my patience to the max and my tolerance of his behaviour to its limits.

His mouth curled, luscious and dangerous, “You’re seriously turning me on right now but that would be an unwise thing to do.”
Every muscle within my groin clenched in fierce response to his threat. My heart beat wildly, my body desperate for contact. Reaching behind me I backed up until I felt the desk top and steadied myself against it. I held back the urge to lunge at him, beg for the relief I only found when we connected, but I was too strung out to trust myself. The last time that happened, the marks I left behind still haunted me. Defiling him again was not going to happen.

“Stop.” His warning brought me back to the present. His posture was tense as his hands fisted restlessly at his sides. He was holding back, giving me space, but the frown on his forehead and the harsh lines of his mouth showed it was hard for him to do.
“Stop what?” The answer I knew but I asked the question anyway.

“Stop restraining yourself. I need you to lose control with me.”
I was struggling to breathe, “I can’t. You can’t ask that of me Jonah.”

Stunning sapphire eyes softened, his chest rising and falling with every breath. “I don’t want your submission Ava just the knowledge that you need me as painfully as I need you.”
My eyes glistened with tears. The emotional rollercoaster I’d stepped onto since first succumbing to the magnetic pull between us was beginning to bear heavily. “Don’t make me need you, you’re already too much.”

“Too much?”
“This,” I motioned between us, “this is too much.”

“You’re not ending things sweetheart, I won’t let you,” he breathed.
“Continue as you have today and you’ll be the one ending things.” I blinked back the tears, “Things are too heavy too fast. You’re smothering me Jonah.”

He surged towards me, crushing me to him. My body melted, relaxing against his. Pushing my butt onto the desk top my legs opened to accommodate him. An arm wrapped around my waist the other cradling the back of my head. He was hard and ready, his hotness scorching at the entrance to my sex. My greedy clit pulsated against his thick length. I gasped at a roll of his hips, the motion stoking my desire and hunger for him.
Pulling back his hands cupped my cheeks. Staring intently into my eyes his desire and hunger matched my own.

 “God I need you so much,” he confessed with a dark whisper.
“Show me,” I pleaded, “And make it quick.”
 

Review:
I was given this book by author for honest review. After living through the worst that can happen Savannah Mae Matthews, Ava, moves to London and gets on with life. Only she’s not. She blends and has closed herself off except for a good friend she goes through her day trying not to feel to much for anything. Meet Jonah Jacobson, a lawyer, who request her to come to his offices to settle an inheritance. He too is closed off emotionally but for some unknown reason they can’t seem to get enough of each other. Until Jonah betrays her and she makes up her mind to start living instead of just surviving. Great book but does end on cliff hanger so book 2 better come quick so we can all find out if Ava forgives Jonah and makes a life together.  

Author Bio:

Courtney Cross is a 36 year old mother of three wonderful boys who earlier this year fulfilled a lifetime ambition by putting the workings of her dirty mind into her first erotic romance novel. She is an avid reader of many genres and when not reading or writing, she can be found hanging around football pitches watching her three sons indulge in their passion. With a love of all things erotic, thought provoking and emotionally charged as well as a believer in pushing boundaries, she hopes to be able to continue sharing the workings of her naughty mind with readers of her novels for a long time to come!

 
Social Links:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comment or suggestion