Friday, December 6, 2013

The New Year's Masquerade
Elise Marion

Overview:

Orlando Sanchez is a player. “No strings attached” is the motto of his life, and even when his best friend and wingman gets married, he doesn’t intend for that to change. Women are trouble and the only one he cares to spend time with is Sasha, who’s quickly become his friend and confidant. But a rash decision and a night of mindless passion makes their relationship complicated, causing Orlando to face his fears of commitment head on and to consider all he’s been missing out on in life.

Sasha is in love with Orlando and has been since they met. She knows she’s not his type. The bad boy would surely break her heart, yet she can’t help but want more than friendship. After Orlando calls their night together a mistake, Sasha is determined to show him that it wasn’t. At a New Year’s Masquerade party, Sasha throws her insecurities and inhibitions aside in one last attempt to show Orlando that they belong together. When the clock strikes midnight, Orlando will face a decision. Will his kiss ring in the New Year with the promise of a new future? Or will Orlando run, using his bachelor lifestyle and player ways as a shield against everything he thought he never wanted?
 
Book Links:
 
Review:
I was given this book by author for honest review. Orlando is a player until he realizes he wants one of his best friends Sasha. Can he discover that his playing has hidden depths going back to childhood or will he let love pass him by? A well written short love story that can be read as a stand alone book 2 of the Masquerade series won’t leave you in the dark.
 
Author Bio:
 
As a child I always had my nose in a book. From R.L. Stine to Chronicles of Narnia to The Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley High, I read it all. When I started Junior High and found out that the school library had over 400,000 books, my goal was to read every single one! Of couse I didn't acheive that particular goal, but I sure had fun trying!
In high school I developed a talent for writing and discovered romance. Needless to say I combined my love for both and am now a published Indie author. After almost a year of peddling my book from agent to agent with no success I decided that my work was good enough despite the constant rejection. That's when I discovered the world of indie publishing through ebooks. I couldn't have made a better decision than stepping out on faith and doing something for myself instead of waiting around for someone else to do it for me.

A litle bit more about me: My husband Kevin and I have been married for 4 years and have two beautiful children, Haley (4) and Gavin (4 months). We are a military family, which means I spend alot of my time alone with two children. People often ask me how I deal with the military life. I simply say, someone's got to do it, right? I am proud of my husband for serving his country.

When I'm not reading (which is almost always) or writing (I try to every day), I am watching movies (which I love), cooking (which I love even more) or watching someone else cook on TV (love me some Paula Deen). I have been singing my entire life and enjoy being my church's choir every Sunday. My large, extended family is close and means the world to me.
 
Author Links:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comment or suggestion